Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
golf cart
24thMarch2011, 09:44 PM,
golf cart
ill post this for the heck of it, just a lil cart project i been tinkering with. so far ive added 23" tires, 7" double a-arm lift, lights and the best mod yet, get ready.........swapped the stock 190cc 8h.p. 1 cylinder out for a v-twin 18h.p. almost 600cc, b and s vanguard.!!! went from 17 mph to 40!! its fun to drive. whats more fun is seeing the look one the 4 wheeler guys faces when you pass them on a golf cartLaughing motor wasnt a simple drop in, took a lil fabbing. had to remove center crossmember, built a new one out of 1\4 square tubing and fabbed some mounts. the reason for it was the motor had to sit more level for the oil pump to function properly, while i was at it i moved the rear end back about 5 inches. heres a few pics.
when i got it[Image: 101_0320.jpg]
[Image: 000_0030.jpg]
[Image: 000_0031.jpg]
[Image: 000_0029-1.jpg]
out with the old[Image: 100_0331.jpg]
[Image: 100_0328.jpg]
[Image: 100_0327.jpg]
[Image: 100_0329.jpg]
[Image: 100_0330.jpg]
it didnt get welded this low, this was mock up
[Image: 100_0326.jpg]
I understand the jeep thing, thats why i drive a nissan
ARB air locked and ready to rock!
3" S\L 2" B\L
cold air intake
flowmaster exhaust
33"Mickey Thompson MTZ
15x10 american racing rims
8000lb. mile marker winch
K.M.A. winch bumper
calmini steering kit
24thMarch2011, 09:54 PM,
RE: golf cart
laying into a corner in a golf cart going about 15 is already exciting... I can't imagine running 40 in a cart Eek
[Image: 12-11zachcrosby3.jpg]
24thMarch2011, 10:07 PM,
it is scary with it being so tall, i can see many "hold my beer" moments in my future
3" S\L 2" B\L
cold air intake
flowmaster exhaust
33"Mickey Thompson MTZ
K.M.A. winch bumper
calmini steering kit
24thMarch2011, 10:20 PM,
Or "Hey watch this!" moments Laughing
[Image: 12-11zachcrosby3.jpg]
25thMarch2011, 03:27 AM,
My dad did something simlar to this back in the 90's. Dont know if you remember the kawasaki mule 500 or not, was a one seater mule, he made it a side by side before there were any side by sides, then the stock 300cc engine gave up the ghost. He put a kohler 20 in it, was alot of fun with some old school super swampers on it, then he came up on this military surplus air cooled onan engine, it turned out to be 40 hp.......the thing was beyond dangerous! Then he came up on a 1100cc motor cycle engine of some sort but never finished the project. He then switched to playing with electric stuff.
He put an 11hp electric pancake motor on a dirtbike, it was super dangerous. You be rolling about 40, it would rare up and go all the way over before you could get out of the throttle. Then he put the motor on a 3wheeler, same result, on the back tires all the time but was alot of fun!
25thMarch2011, 07:41 AM,
your pops sounds like hes good at tinkering, got any pics of those projects?
3" S\L 2" B\L
cold air intake
flowmaster exhaust
33"Mickey Thompson MTZ
K.M.A. winch bumper
calmini steering kit
25thMarch2011, 08:40 AM,
im sure mom does at her house, they would have to be scanned and uploaded on here. Im overseas working so no way i could post anything up for you. He's always been good at that kind of stuff, its amazing to watch him take nothing and turn it into something. I noticed you had the belt drive on there, thats what the mule had in the beginning, used to slip everytime we went through deep water with it, dad changed that up to chain drive on the second engine, it had a clutch simlar to something you would see on a go kart but a heavier set up and a pillar block bearing out on the end to keep it from breaking the shaft off. Seems like he fooled with that thing over a year. The mule was mainly used as a mobile shooting rest............used to ride it to the pond that was infested with beavers, propped the rifle on the mule's rollbars........the thing was almost worthless in the mud but was handy around the farm with that bed on it.
Was coming back from the chill'n out ride the other day and saw one outside newton on somebodys farm, made me think of the one we had.
You've got a cool project on your hands, brings back old memories for me, thanks!
25thMarch2011, 08:58 AM,
now i see why you were looking for a roll cage. 40 mph in a golf cart would be a bit sketchy
[Image: sigpic.jpg]
freedomoffroad.org
25thMarch2011, 12:59 PM,
Nice work!!
[Image: SIG-1.jpg]
25thMarch2011, 10:05 PM,
That thing looks like its major fun Smile
"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc