Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Frame
3rdDecember2008, 11:26 PM,
My Frame
as most of yall know i bent and cracked my frame recently. instead of having it bent back and welded up i went and found a used frame. i bought this frame for 250 dollars and only thing that is wrong with it is there is a bad spot on the frame (pictures to come.) i dont know it looked like it was rusted threw on this bad spot but then i got to looking at it closer and it seems the guy torched this spot when he took the frame off of the truck. it kinda sucks but its the only bad part on the whole thing..

this is my plan. i want to clean it up patch up the spot that is bad and paint it with por 15 paint.. but i hear all the time about people boxing in the frame and making it stronger.. let me know what yall think because i want to make the frame stronger but i dont want to do work to the frame that is not needed.

I'll put pictures up tomorrow hopfully.

thanks rob
4thDecember2008, 03:41 AM,
My Frame
If it was me i would fix the frame that was on it. Its just metal. Or, just cut that part out and make a new improved frame. After all, its just metal.
Agent87 jeep wrangler, SOA, Dana 30 front w/ 4.88's and open, Dana 35 rear w/ 4.88's locked, warn M8000 winch, WRF tube fenders, rock sliders, custom B3 concepts front bumper, BTF rear streach kit bumper 39.5" boggers, 1 custom wiring job (thanks to that little fire, woops) custom Monkey Town body modifications (that small roll over woops)WITH ONE HOTTTTTT SEXXXXYYY WOMAN SITTING BESIDE ME
[Image: benssg.jpg]
And sometimes David) Its not cocky if you can back it up!!!!!Agent
4thDecember2008, 07:57 AM,
My Frame
yea i hear that alot but according to alot of people that is going to be really expensive.. and the only one that i know who can do any of that is white rhino and i wont be able to make the truck up to him.. cut the part out of the use frame that i have i belive is the way im gonna go. but i hear boxing it in makes it stronger? i dont know but i would like to box it in..
4thDecember2008, 08:48 AM,
My Frame
B3concepts Wrote:If it was me i would fix the frame that was on it. Its just metal. Or, just cut that part out and make a new improved frame. After all, its just metal.

just fix it.......the frame under the truck is already boxed in the rear above the axle, the previous owner did it.............http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/27381/...425Q85.jpg[Image: 2825836840102276026S425x425Q85.jpg]
I understand the jeep thing, thats why i drive a nissan
ARB air locked and ready to rock!
3" S\L 2" B\L
cold air intake
flowmaster exhaust
33"Mickey Thompson MTZ
15x10 american racing rims
8000lb. mile marker winch
K.M.A. winch bumper
calmini steering kit
4thDecember2008, 08:50 AM,
My Frame
robert you have seen the build thread on your truck right?.....keep your frame, alot of work has been done to it already
I understand the jeep thing, thats why i drive a nissan
ARB air locked and ready to rock!
3" S\L 2" B\L
cold air intake
flowmaster exhaust
33"Mickey Thompson MTZ
15x10 american racing rims
8000lb. mile marker winch
K.M.A. winch bumper
calmini steering kit
4thDecember2008, 10:08 AM,
My Frame
any competent welding shop should be able to repair your existing frame. if i were you i'd stop by a few welding shops and let them look at it and see what they say.
[Image: sigpic.jpg]
freedomoffroad.org
4thDecember2008, 11:34 AM,
My Frame
alright i'll go down to this place called a&i welding its the only place i know in gulfport.. I'll see what they say..
5thDecember2008, 08:25 AM,
My Frame
Ok This Is The Deal.. You All Talked Me Into Getting It Fixed.. But I Do Want To Swap Out Frames Later On Down The Road.. But This Kid From A Collision And Body Shop Has A Frame Straightener. Said For Him To Straighten The Front Weld It And Fix The Cross Member Problem It Will Be $250.00 I Dont Belive That Is A Bad Price And I'm Willing To Pay It.. I Will Just Keep My Old Frame And Do Small Work To It And One Day Later On I'll Most Likley Swap Them Out. Thanks For All The Help Guys Appreciate It.